WHAT IS COVID-19?
Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) is an infectious disease caused by a newly discovered coronavirus. Most people infected with the COVID-19 virus experience mild to moderate respiratory illness and recover without requiring special treatment. Older people and those with underlying medical problems like cardiovascular disease, diabetes, chronic respiratory disease, and cancer are more likely to develop serious illness.
WHAT ARE THE SYMPTOMS OF COVID-19?
The COVID-19 virus affects different people in different ways. COVID-19 is a respiratory disease and most infected people will develop mild to moderate symptoms and recover without requiring special treatment. People who have underlying medical conditions and those over 60 years old have a higher risk of developing severe disease and fatality.
Common symptoms include:
- Tiredness • Dry cough
Other symptoms include:
- Shortness of breath
- Aches and pains
- Sore throat
- In some cases diarrhea, nausea and/or a runny nose
People with mild symptoms who are otherwise healthy should self-isolate and contact their medical provider or a COVID-19 information line for advice on testing and referral. People with fever, cough or difficulty breathing should call their doctor and seek medical attention immediately.
PREVENTIVE MEASURES THAT CAN HELP STOP THE SPREAD
- It is mandatory to wear the face mask/face shield at all times.
- No spitting in or near the restaurant premises.
- Wash your hands regularly with soap and water for 40 seconds.
- Sanitize your hands with an alcohol-based sanitizer(atleast 70%) regularly.
- Maintain at least 6 ft distance between you and people coughing or sneezing
- Avoid touching your mouth, nose or eyes
- Cover your mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing.
- Stay home if you feel unwell.
- Refrain from smoking and other activities that weaken the lungs.
- Practice physical distancing by avoiding unnecessary travel and staying away from large groups of people.
THE BELOW MENTIONED PROCEDURES ARE PUT IN PLACE FOR YOUR AND GUESTS SAFETY, 100% COMPLIANCE NECESSARY
BRIEF OUTLINES ON STANDARD OPERATING PROCEDURES FOR:
A: KITCHEN OPERATION
- Hand wash liquid soap & sanitizer to be installed at kitchen entrance & all kitchen sinks. Hands to be washed up to elbows when entering the kitchen.
- Hand sanitizers to be kept at each workstation ( salad, buns, hot, pickup , prep & bakery). All sections incharge to ensure that it is refilled before shift.
- Temperature check before entering the production area to be done by chef in-charge & maintain a register of it.
- Compulsory use of disposable face masks for all kitchen staff. Movement of staff out of the kitchen to be restricted during production & fresh face mask to be worn before the start of shift.
- Hand gloves to be used by chefs working in salad, prep, buns, pastry & pickup section. Headbands or bandana to be worn to absorb sweat.
- No rings, wristbands or watches to be worn in the kitchen.
- All vegetables to be sanitized with chlorine after receiving from stores by commissary staff. Details of person sanitizing the vegetables & timing to be logged by shift incharge.
- All working surfaces, knives, cutting board to be cleaned with sanitizing liquid before the start of shift.
- Cleaning of all walls & floor with detergent & water at closing ( to be logged)
- Prominent display of health emergency numbers, like ambulance ,nearest covid hospital in case of an emergency. Chef in-charge & on duty manager to monitor.
- Briefing to be conducted by chef incharge to ensure all the above points are followed & general hygiene & grooming is maintained. A daily briefing log to be made for it.
- Hand sanitizer to be kept in locker room.
- Chef in-charge to ensure that hot water is being used in washing of crockery.
- Utility staff is not to handle any food or assist in production.
- Food covers to be available in pickup area & no food to be left in open.
- All materials received from store to be emptied in gastronomic containers, no external packaging to enter production area.
- All cooked food items being stored to have lid or wrap with date , time & initials of person whose made it.
- Safety and Hygiene Stickers to be placed
- Sanitizer locations
- Kitchen entrance
- Pickup counter
- Salad Station
- Buns Station
- Hot Station
- Prep Station
- Staff Locker
- Staff Washroom
- Basement Store
- Restrict the entry of vendors in the kitchen & production area.
- Disposal of any unwanted external packaging like cartons, bubble wrap or thermocol immediately on receiving .
- Sanitizing of receiving crates, weighing scale to be done by store keeper
- Receiving with gloves & mask & dispose the gloves after accepting every delivery
- Washing of items where possible before storing & leaving items untouched for 24 hrs that cannot be washed .
- Two buckets one with soap water & other with fresh water to be kept in the receiving area.
- Store room desk , computer , handles etc to be sanitized every 2 hours.
C: FRONT OF THE HOUSE
- Sanitizer to be placed at the entrance with pedal
- Sanitizer sachets (10pcs) and pull out tissue box on tables and at valet table
- Sanitizers to be placed at
- Cashier, valet desk, side station, khowsey
- Bar, Washroom - sensor type (Automatic)
- sanitizer mist -3 nos
- Fogging machine with disinfectant - to be sprayed on all surfaces before every shift/every 4 hrs
- Disposable cutlery, crockery and glassware- good quality
- UV box for cutlery
- Sanitizer box for Crockery
- Collaterals- first page with hygiene print out in the menu and same 6inch size at hostess desk
- “Sanitize your hands" sign at side station
11. Contactless dining QR code collateral
- 2 nos. Infrared thermal thermometers for guests and staff
- Temperature checking for all guests - automatic device
- Soap cleaning for glassware
- Face shields/Mask to be worn by the GRE
- Sanitizer mist for edc machine
- Sanitizer mist for cash
- Disposable Take Away menu to be placed at all side stations
- Safety and Hygiene Stickers to be placed
Log Schedule - before every shift (Twice a day)
- Fogging of all surfaces
- Manual attendance register with temperature readings ( to be logged)
- Sanitization of all surfaces ( Bar, tables, pc, side station, Telephone)
- All handles / handrails to be sanitized
- Sanitize menu outer cover before every shift
Precautions to be taken by FNB / Valet staff
- Black masks for FOH
- Hand gloves compulsory for bar, valet, cashier and pickup guy.
- Disposable plastic gloves for valet
- Compulsory hand wash with soap and then sanitized every 20 minutes
- Tables to be sanitized after every use
- No delivery boys allowed in the restaurant.
- Pick up personnel and FNB team to use a tissue paper as an underliner to all crockery and glassware items while serving on table
- All food dishes to be covered with food cover and then taken to the guests by pick up boys
- All delivery bags to have the temperature stickers.